Ksync: KSync "two way sync", success stories and documentation

Hi,

I've been looking over the KSync source for a little while trying to
understand it and I've also been playing with the provided sync server
and the MIDP sync client.  I'm making progress understanding the whole
setup, but I have a few questions.  Any answers you can provide would be
very much appreciated.

1) Are there any other examples anywhere?
2) Is there any other documentation anywhere specifically about KSync
and its architecture?
3) The following use case seems to NOT work properly.  I started the
server and the client.  I made a modification to an attribute and synced
with the server.  This works ok.  When I make a modification to the data
on the server (modifying the test1.xml file) and then tell the client to
sync again I don't get the updates made on the server sent to the
client.  I thought this might have been because the test1.xml file was
not re-read from the filesystem, so I tried restarting the server and
then it works, but it doesn't send the changes, it only ever does a
"508" (Slow sync necessary) response to the client which means it sends
the entire database contents (in this case the contents of the test1.xml
file) from the server to the client.  This doesn't seem like the correct
operation because this replaces any modifications currently in the
client with what the server sent.  Am I doing something wrong or am I
misunderstanding something?
4) If I'm to implement my own client I need to do the following:
  a) Read the client side "change log" for the application and add those
commands on to an instance of ISyncXMLDocument
  b) Somehow pass that document into the
com.reaxion.tequila.client.syncml.Client.performSync method and let it
do the bulk of the work in terms of talking to the server
  c) The above should work for sending the updates to the server and
something similar for sending from the server to the client.  Is this
anywhere close to correct?

Thank-you for your time
Alex.